Fibermax® Organic Psyllium With Beet, 175g
Oganic Psyllium Husk With Beet Powder
Provides gentle relief of constipation and/or irregularity.
Medicinal Ingredients: Organic psyllium husk, ispaghula (plantago ovata forssk)
Non Medicinal Ingredient: Organic beet powder (beta vulgaris)
Serving size/Portion: (Adolescents and Adults) 1 tbsp (6g) one to three times a day.
- For each gram of psyllium, mix with 30 ml of liquid (water, milk, fruit juice, or similar aqueous beverage). Stir briskly and drink immediately. Maintain adequate fluid intake.
- Effects observed 12-24 hours after first dose, and may take 2-3 days.
- Take 2 hours before or after taking other medications.
Risk Information (Caution(s) and Warning(s)):
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or if laxative effects does not occur within seven days.
- Consult a health care practitioner immediately if you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking medications which inhibit peristaltic movement (e.g. opioids, loperamide).
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you haave symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or fever (as these could be signs of abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the oesophagus and/ or the superior opening of the stomach (cardia), potential or existing intestinal blockage, paralysis of the intestine, megacolon, faecal impaction, inflamed bowel or appendicites).
Contraindication(s): Do not use if you are experiencing a sudden change in bowel habits that has persisted for more than 2 weeks, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, or failure to defaecate following the use of another laxative product. Do not use if you have diabetes mellitus in which blood sugar is difficult to regulate. Do not use if you have difficulty swallowing.
Known Adverse Reaction(s): Hypersenstivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur following inhaled and/ or ingested psyllium; in which case, discontinue use. May cause temporary gas and/ or bloating.